Saturday, January 31, 2009

This. can't. be. happening.

Alright. Let me start off by saying that I am house sitting my bosses house while he is in London. The first three nights were great. I just hung out and watched movies, read, played wii and pretty much just enjoyed alone time. Yesterday I was super sick and decided to stay in and sleep it off. I took a ton of thera-flu and passed out around 10pm.

At 3:30am I was woken up to water drops on my face. I thought I was dreaming until my head was wet. I turned on the lights and heard drops of water throughout the two story apartment. Drip, drop. Drip, drop. I freaked out because I was barely awake and still high on meds. 

Bubbles were forming on the ceiling and just waiting to explode. Water was flowing through light sockets and smoke detectors. I called the super and landlord and no one was answering. I turned off the power in the apartment and ran upstairs to see why the upstairs people clearly dead or not home. No one answered. As I ran back down the stairs I realized HOLY SHIT FUCK, I am locked out. UGHHHHH. So the fire department came (apparently calling 311 just pisses firemen off, FYI) and despite me telling them that the super was on his way with a key, they broke into the lock to make sure everything was okay in the apartment. They were concerned since it was flowing through electrical outlets.

I used every single towel in the place and every single pan. I was running around like a mad woman just to get pans under waterfalls. It was all so surreal. 

3 hours later, I felt like it was under control enough to sleep a lil bit. The house I'm watching is now a mess and I'm trying my best to clean it and do loads and loads of towel laundry.

**** The upstairs neighbors apparently had a leak behind their toilet for 2 days and didn't call, nor did they turn off the water!!! Seriously? Are they that dumb? I should make them come and clean the place. 

I met Ben for coffee and a sandwich and he sure brightened the morning after a miserable night. My favorite quote of the week, "That is some acceptable slaw." And he is an acceptable guy! I love hanging out with new vegan buddies. Especially really awesome ones. 

I now feel more balanced after being rudely awoken to what I thought was the end of the world. We're still going to live...... for a bit longer.

2 comments:

  1. I heard Andreas loves the smell of toilet water anyway, you'll be ok. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha.. Geeez purks. Thanks.
    He comes home in an hour. I cleaned up as much as I could.

    ReplyDelete