Saturday, January 3, 2009

Empty home

I never come home to a vacant home. There is always someone here! What gives? 

I am completely exhausted but can't sleep quite yet as my mind is filled with dancing and parties even though I choose to stay in and watch movies. 

Right now I'm watching Great Expectations. The book, by Charles Dickens, is one of my all time favorite books. My mom gave me an ancient copy of it when I was about 13 and I fell in love. It was the first book I openly loved and wasn't ashamed of it. You know, reading was lame at that age at times. 

Somehow in moving a gagillion times in the last 4 years, I have lost the book and it really bums me out. I still look for old original copies every time I am in a book store in hopes of finding one. Call me sentimental, call me a loser.... but I really hope to find one at some point. 

Every time I move and open a box I hope that it'll be there even though it is lost forever but not far from memory. Anyways, I really love the movie, yet the book is much better. I always related to Finn but desperately desired to turn out like Estella. I strived to be her character my entire life but could never give up caring 100%.

Book:

"That was a memorable day to me, for it made great changes in me. But, it is the same with any life. Imagine one selected day struck out of it, and think how different its course would have been. Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day."

"In a word, I was too cowardly to do what I knew to be right, as I had been too cowardly to avoid doing what I knew to be wrong."

"I was always treated as if I had insisted on being born, in opposition to the dictates of reason, religion, and morality, and against the dissuading arguments of my best friends." 

.... just a few that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment