Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Weekend in Atlanta

I had my doubts going to a metal festival that was put on by Scion.
I bike and do not own nor do I want a vehicle. However, the price was right (free!) and the line up was kind of panty wetting.

Kylesa- All I have to say is two drummers. For the first band I saw at the fest, they kicked it off right.

Torche- Sound started out pretty rocky and then it got better. Not as great as the last time I saw them.

Salome- Seriously amazing. I had never heard them, nor was I intending on hearing them. I kept going to the bar by their stage since they seemed to be the only place serving tall boys. While I quenched my thirst with booze, I heard a glorious tune rising up from the stage. If they added bass to this trio, then it would destroy. But regardless, I was pleasantly surprised.

Boris- Awesome.

US Christmas- I love this group. If you aren't into spacey psych rock/metal then you might dislike them. But hot damn, I still say this was one of the best performances at the show.

Pig Destroyer- Awesome.

Krallice- Good.

Wolves in the Throne Room- Hands down best thing my eyes and ears witnessed at the show. I already wore out my copy of Diadem of 12 stars but I was skeptical on seeing them live as it might make or break the band for me. KILLED IT.

Neurosis- WTF. If you get to see neurosis in your life, go and see them at a normal sized venue that allows the band to blast your ear holes the way they need to be blasted. It was pretty weak for being outside and sound restricted. Scott Kelly will always own my heart but at this fest, my heart cheated a bit.

Coalese- Really good with the exception of the sound. You could barely hear the vocals which was a huge bummer. The best part of this performance was a girl getting hit in the face with the mic stand and getting a bloody nose. I still love these dudes though.

Anyways. I'm not going to talk about the rest of the weekend. All I will tell you is it was amazing. I had the best time partying with friends and meeting really legit folks.

Thanks weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment