Saturday, January 17, 2009

75 degrees in January... sign me up!

So I must say, I am glad that my plane didn't fly into a bunch of birds.
A- Because I love birds and that is a shitty way for the birds or people to go.
B - Because my life kicks ass and it would have sucked to have it possibly end.

I flew out of NY on US Airways the day before the bird fiasco flight. I guess if you're going to ever be in a plane crash, that's the one to be in though. Everyone survived. Crazy ass shit.

Anyways, AZ....

- My mom and I went thrift shopping which was fun. It's hard to find a thrift store that is good in NY. Found some shoes and a belt (both of which aren't vegan but at least they were used. I'm biased on that...)

- I played a mean game of bingo with my old folks and their friends. I didn't win any of them but it was fun. The retired community takes this game very seriously and all yell when someone else wins. If someone wins more than one game in the night, watch out! Those are fighting times.

- We watched a forensic file marathon all night last night. Man, that shit is so good.

- My parents keep talking about havalinas, coyotes and other creatures around their house. I still haven't seen any but this evening I'm going to be on animal patrol and witness some of those buggers.

- My mom is collecting dead creatures she finds lately and keeps them in jars in the garage. I find this completely nuts but at the same time really awesome.
Get this: Her collection so far is a tarantula, scoropion and 5ft long rattle snake skin. WTF. I would never live down here. If I saw any of those alive I would probably shit my pants and then die.

- Every morning I pick my breakfast off from the trees (oranges and grapefruits). This is by far the best thing about AZ to me.

- Today I have to go through tons of boxes of old stuff and decide what I want and what to get rid of. This will be a task. They hung onto so many stupid things and also really awesome things that I want but my mom says I can't have them til she croaks. She sure has a nice outlook. ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment